This banana bread recipe is super-easy-to-make, super-moist texture, incredibly soft crumb, and buttery. Everything you are looking to achieve in a recipe is all here.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Mash Bananas
Peel your bananas and transfer them to a mixing bowl. Grab a fork and start breaking them to pieces until mashed. Use an electric mixer if you have one to save some time.
Can bananas be too ripe for banana bread
Not at all. In fact, you can use overripe bananas. The darker the bananas are, the better: there’s no such thing as a too-ripe banana when you’re making banana bread. You can also freeze your overripe bananas to store and use later to make banana bread.
Is baking soda or baking powder better for banana bread?
Baking soda works best in conjunction with an acidic ingredient. In the case of banana bread, this may be buttermilk, brown sugar, molasses, or the bananas themselves. Recipes generally include just enough baking soda to balance the acidity in the batter.
How do you keep banana bread fresh?
Fresh and newly baked banana bread are one of the little joys in life. To keep banana bread fresh longer, wrap it tightly and thoroughly in a plastic wrapper, but instead of leaving it on the counter, place it in the refrigerator. The bread should keep for about a week or a little more if wrapped well.
How to freeze banana bread
Cool your baked banana bread completely on the countertop. Slice your loaf to make it easier to grab and thaw them. Use wrapping plastic or aluminum foil and wrap it tightly. This will prevent freezer burn. Then transfer it to an air-tight container or freezer-friendly storage bag. Date the bag and freeze for up to 3-4 months. Thaw wrapped or unwrapped in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
Super Easy Banana Bread Recipe
- Mixing bowl
- Electric Mixer or Fork
- Loaf Pan
- 4 large bananas
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Use cooking spray on the buttom of the loaf pan or spread some butter or oil.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas using a fork or electric mixer until completely smooth. Stir the melted butter and egg into the mashed bananas.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, flour, and vanilla extract. Mix everything until well combined.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 350°F (175°C), or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. A few dry crumbs are okay; streaks of wet batter are not. If the outside of the loaf is browned but the center is still wet, loosely tent the loaf with foil and continue baking until the loaf is fully baked.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes. Then remove the banana bread from the pan and let cool completely before slicing and serving.