Are you a fan of Japanese cuisine? Do you enjoy the delightful combination of sweet and savory flavors? If so, then Teriyaki Ramen Noodle Stir Fry might just be your new favorite dish! With its mouthwatering aroma, tender noodles, and perfectly seasoned sauce and toppings, teriyaki ramen offers an explosion of tastes and textures that will leave you craving for more.
This teriyaki ramen noodle stir-fry is better than the instant ramen noodles you usually eat and way better than from take-out restaurants you always go to just like my Mushroom Ramen Noodles. This recipe is simple to follow and you can make this in no time than driving to your favorite drive-thru. It's so yummy!
- Ramen Noodles: I use brown rice ramen noodles which are gluten-free. I discard the seasoning packet that comes with it since I am going to make my homemade teriyaki sauce. You can use buckwheat, soba, or egg noodles instead, or even regular pasta noodles like fettuccine, spaghetti, or linguine.
- Teriyaki Sauce: Making your own teriyaki sauce is simpler than you think. These consist of soy sauce, mirin, brown sugar, grated ginger, and minced garlic. If you want a thicker sauce, add a tablespoon of cornstarch slurry. This is the best recipe!
- Vegetables: I love to make any kind of ramen noodle with veggies for extra nutrition, color, and texture. Add your favorite stir-fry veggies such as broccoli, carrots, and mushrooms.
- Toppings and other ingredients: Toppins and extra ingredients for teriyaki ramen noodles are all your choice. From succulent slices of char siu (barbecue pork) to marinated soft-boiled eggs, scallions, bamboo shoots, nori (seaweed), sesame seeds, and bean sprouts – the possibilities are endless. These toppings not only add visual appeal but also enhance the overall taste experience.
Step 1. Cook your ramen noodles. Boil 5-6 cups of water and sprinkle salt. Cook the noodles until al dente. Drain the water. We want the noodles to be cooked but still firm.
Step 3. In a skillet, cook the sliced onion until fragrant. Add the carrots, broccoli, and sliced mushrooms and stir-fry until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
Step 4. Add the cooked noodles and the sauce. Stir everything until well combined. Adjust the seasoning according to your taste. Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Pro Tips: Discard the packet that comes with the ramen noodles and make your seasoning by making the teriyaki sauce for the best flavor.
Do not overcook the noodles. Drain them with a colander and rinse them with running cold water.
Storage and Reheating Tips
Storage: If you have leftovers, allow them to cool and transfer them to a container with a lid. Store them in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat when ready to consume.
Reheating: Reheat the dish in a small saucepan. Stir continuously until warm thoroughly. Serve and enjoy!
Why You Will Love This
- Quick and Easy: In just 15 minutes, you can make your Stir-fried Teriyaki Ramen Noodles at home that's way better than take-out from the Japanese Restaurant.
- Minimal Ingredients: Most if not all the ingredients are pantry staples such as soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and brown sugar. And the veggies are up to your preference.
- Delicious and Comforting: These stir-fry noodles are so flavorful, delicious, and satisfying in every bite. It is one of my regular comfort foods that is always on our menu.
- Customizable: You can use high-quality ingredients and your favorite addition to the ingredients when you make this dish in your kitchen. You can also adjust the seasonings according to your taste.
- If you love similar recipes, be sure to check out my Mushroom Yakisoba Stir-fry, Mushroom Miso Ramen, and Japanese Beef Curry.
About Teriyaki Ramen Noodles
Originating from Japan, ramen has gained immense popularity worldwide due to its comforting qualities. What sets teriyaki ramen apart is the addition of the sweet and tangy teriyaki sauce. This traditional Japanese sauce is made with soy sauce, mirin (a type of rice wine), sugar or honey, ginger, garlic, and other seasonings. When combined with the umami-rich sauce and chewy noodles in a bowl of ramen goodness – it's pure bliss for everyone!
The base ingredient in any bowl of teriyaki ramen is undoubtedly the noodles. These wheat-based wonders come in various thicknesses and can be curly or straight. The choice ultimately depends on personal preference; some prefer thin Hakata-style noodles while others enjoy thick and wavy Sapporo-style ones. Whichever noodle type you choose, they are cooked to perfection – firm yet tender.
More Recipes You Might Like
Let's Stay Connected
If you like this recipe, please give me a 5-star review and comment below this post. If you have any questions, write them down below in the comment section. I truly appreciate you.
Teriyaki Ramen Noodle Stir Fry
- 2 pack ramen noodles
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup carrots julienned
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms sliced thin
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- Cook your ramen noodles. Boil 5-6 cups of water and sprinkle salt. Cook the noodles until al dente. Drain the water in a colander and rinse with running cold water. We want the noodles to be cooked but still firm.
- In a skillet, cook the sliced onion until fragrant. Add the carrots, broccoli, and sliced mushrooms and stir-fry until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add the cooked noodles and the sauce. Stir everything until well combined. Cook until the noodle is heated thorough. Adjust the seasoning according to your taste. Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- Discard the packet that comes with the ramen noodles and make your seasoning by making the teriyaki sauce for the best flavor.
- Do not overcook the noodles. Drain them with a colander and rinse them with running cold water.
- If you have leftovers, allow them to cool and transfer them to a container with a lid. Store them in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat when ready to consume.
- Reheat the dish in a small saucepan. Stir continuously until warm thoroughly. Serve and enjoy!