Make your own creamy, healthy, and delicious chocolate nice cream with 4 ingredients that is ready to eat in less than 10 minutes. It’s dairy-free, vegan, and refined sugar free.
This Chocolate Banana Ice Cream is the best substitute from your store brought chocolate ice cream without feeling guilty of eating more. Enjoy this anytime you crave for chocolate ice cream and you will feel satisfied, content, and happy.
ingredients and substitutions
- Riped Bananas – You will get the ice cream-like consistency if your bananas are frozen. You can use fresh bananas and freeze it for 2 hours or longer after blending to get the creamy and delicious ice cream texture.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – Great for chocolate flavor.
- Dates – Dates are what I use to sweetened my chocolate nice cream. You can use any sweetener such are honey, maple syrup, stevia or any sweetener you prefer.
- Milk – I use coconut milk for extra creaminess. You can use almond milk, cashew milk or oat milk too. Milk or some water also helps to blend everything together easily.
- Chocolate chips or nuts – Sprinkle some chocolate chips or nuts on top for extra crunch texture as an option.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
With just few ingredients and minimal effort in the kitchen, you can have the healthiest banana ice cream in few minutes. Place slices of frozen bananas, chocolate powder, sweetener of your choice, and some milk or water and turn your high speed blender or food processor for less than 5 minutes to achieve the right smooth and ice cream-like consistency. Enjoy!
You can use honey, maple syrup, dates, or your choice of any kind of sugar. You can also add some vanilla for extra punch of flavor.
Absolutely! It is easier to blend all the ingredients if the bananas are not frozen. However, you need to freeze them for 2 hours or longer after blending to get the ice cream-like consistency.
If your bananas turned brown when they are frozen is because they have been exposed from too much air and was not store properly. To prevent this from happening, use an air-tight glass container.
Why we love chocolate nice cream
- It is one of the most delicious guilt-free chocolate ice cream desserts that you can’t stop eating while being concious on your calories and sugar intake. It is vegan, dairy-free, and refined-sugar free!
- Simple, fast and easy to make without making too much hardwork in the kitchen. My son is a fan of chocolate ice cream and this is his favorite.
- This chocolate nice cream is a budget-friendly option with less ingredients than your average ice cream from the grocery store.
Make-ahead and storage tips
Make-ahead – You can make your chocolate nice cream ahead and enjoy it whenever you crave for it. It will stay in the freezer for about 3-6 months and will stay good when stored properly.
Storage – Store your ice cream in an air-tight glass container in the freezer and not in the refrigerator.
Chocolate Nice Cream Recipe
- Food processor or blender
- 3 large riped bananas (fresh or frozen)
- 3 large soaked dates
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2-4 tablespoon coconut or almond milk
- Put the bananas, cocoa powder, dates and milk in your food processor.
- Turn it on and hold on tight. It'll shake and rattle until the frozen bananas break down.
- Scrape down the edges and keep processing and blending the ice cream for about 3-4 minutes until it turns to ice cream-like consistency. Sprinkle some chocolate chips or nuts. Serve while it's cold and slightly frozen.