Perfectly sweet, meaty, and savory, Jollibee Spaghetti is one of the favorites and is always present on any Filipino occasion worldwide. This Filipino-style spaghetti recipe is a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
Growing up in our Filipino household, I have been cooking and eating this since I was a kid and learned to cook. This Pinoy sweet-style spaghetti, pancit bihon, and chicken adobo is always on the menu for every birthday, Christmas, new year, and just any party.
Why You Will Love This
This Jollibee Spaghetti Recipe has the perfect balance of sweetness and lots of meaty and cheesy tomato sauce that you will surely fall in love with.
It is cost-effective, and you can feed a lot of hungry folks and crowds at a lower cost. You might need to double up on this recipe if you are providing it to a big gathering since I guarantee it will be a big hit on the table before you know it.
This signature style of Filipino Spaghetti is tasty, hearty, and satisfying. Its unique style makes it the most requested pasta dish of all.
- Spaghetti Pasta
- Garlic, Onion, and Bell Pepper – For aroma and flavors.
- Ground Beef – One of the key ingredients to making the red sauce tasty and savory is ground beef. You can use ground pork as a substitute, but I prefer beef for more flavor.
- Red hotdogs – Jollibee spaghetti always has some diagonally sliced red hot dogs to add more chunky texture and flavor goes really well with banana ketchup sauce.
- Banana ketchup, Tomato Paste, and Tomato Sauce – These are the 3 main ingredients to make our spaghetti saucy. Although you can use a Filipino-style spaghetti sauce in a packet, I love to make my own with the right balance of sweetness.
- All-purpose cream – This is optional, but I highly recommend it if you want a creamy sauce. Evaporated milk or heavy whipping cream will work too.
- Cheese – It won’t be complete without some cheesy goodness.
How to make Jollibee Spaghetti
The steps are simple and easy to follow. It is similar to making the popular spaghetti bolognese.
- Boil enough water using a large saucepan and cook the pasta according to the package instructions. You can usually see it at the back of the bag. Save a cup of the pasta water and drain the excess using a colander.
- In a skillet with 2 tablespoons of cooking oil, fry the hot dogs for 3-5 minutes. Make sure to stir them to avoid burning. Take them out and set them aside.
- In the same pan, saute the garlic, onion, and bell pepper until translucent and aromatic. Then add the ground beef, salt, and black pepper, and stir everything together with a spatula. Be sure to break the ground beef into bite-size pieces. Let the meat cook until tender and lightly brown.
- Pour the banana ketchup, tomato paste, tomato sauce, pasta water, and sugar, and mix everything. Let it bring to a gentle boil and lower the heat to simmer for about 30-45 minutes or until the sauce is thickened. Be sure to cover with a lid.
- Add the hot dogs back and mix in your all-purpose cream or evaporated milk; stir everything to combine. Add more seasoning according to your taste. Turn off the heat. Serve and enjoy!
Two ways to serve spaghetti
- In a large container, combine and mix cooked pasta and sauce together. Serve on a plate and top with shredded cheese.
- On each plate, place a serving of pasta then pour enough sauce on top of the pasta. Don’t forget to add cheese before eating. Enjoy!
Questions and Answers
Jollibee spaghetti is a popular signature dish of one of the largest food chains in the Philippines called Jollibee. Jollibee now has a few branches all around the world which serve jolly spaghetti.
It is sweet, savory, cheesy, and loaded with meaty banana ketchup sauce.
The unique sweetness of this spaghetti comes from banana ketchup which is sweet and savory.
Make-ahead and Storage Tips
Make-ahead: To make this delicious Filipino Style Spaghetti ahead of time, cook the sauce and pasta noodles and transfer them separately to different containers. They will last longer if you store them separately.
Storage Tip: Transfer your leftover to an air-tight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Recipes You May Like
Jollibee Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 Large Skillet
- 1 pound uncooked spaghetti pasta
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 pound ground beef or ground pork
- 4 pieces red hot dog sliced diagonaly
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- ¼ cup bell pepper diced
- 1 cup banana ketchup
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can tomato sauce 15-ounces
- ½ cup brown sugar or white
- ¼ cup all purpose cream optional
- 1 cup water from pasta
- ½ teaspoon salt more if needed
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook spaghetti pasta according to its package instruction. Save 1 cup of the pasta water and drain the access.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in a large skillet and fry the hot dogs for about 3-5 minutes then take them out and set it aside.
- In the same skillet, add 2 tablespoons of cooking oil and saute garlic, onion, and bell pepper until translucent. Add the ground beef, salt, and black pepper and cook until the meat is lightly brown and tender.
- Pour in the banana ketchup, tomato paste, tomato sauce, sugar and pasta water, mix everything well to combine, cover and let it simmer on low to medium heat for about 30 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Pour the all-purpose cream, if using any, and add the fried hotdog; stir to combine. Adjust the seasoning accordingly. Turn off the heat.
- Serve individually in a plate by adding some pasta and pour some sauce with a sprinkle of shredded cheese on top. Enjoy!
- Be sure to double up your recipe if you need to feed more than 10 people, or you can add this to your meal prep for the week.
- To make this delicious Filipino Style Spaghetti ahead of time, cook the sauce and pasta noodles and transfer them separately to different containers. They will last longer if you store them separately.
- If you want sweeter, simply add a few more tablespoons of brown or granulated sugar. Condensed milk is also a great option but start with a quarter of a cup.