This Air-fryer Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan 10 minutes to cook with minimal ingredients but is very flavorful, healthy, and delicious. This recipe is much faster and simpler compared to other cooking methods.
Asparagus season is during Springtime in North America. The abundance of asparagus made me think outside the box and challenged me to create a recipe with just five ingredients.
Air-frying your asparagus makes it tender and firm at the same time. This is my favorite method to cook asparagus because it only needs a little preparation or steps.
Why you will love this recipe
- The Air-fryer makes this dish a lot easier. Effortless dishes are the best and this air-fried asparagus is fairly effortless and perfect for busy weeknights when you only have 10 minutes to cook a side dish.
- Minimal ingredients from your pantry. I am sure that all the ingredients such as garlic powder, salt, and black pepper are already in your kitchen.
- Affordable. During asparagus seasons, they are inexpensive and bursting with crunch and slightly, sweet flavor, and many health benefits. When abundant, take advantage and buy a little more and freeze some.
Health benefits of asparagus
- Pack with nutrients. Asparagus is not only delicious and flavorful but also full of nutrients.
- It is an excellent source of essential vitamins and minerals, especially folate, and vitamins A, C, and K.
- Low in calories. only 20 calories in a half cup of this vegetable. Asparagus will keep you full for hours because it is high in fiber and water content. Keeping you full so you don't have to snack throughout the day.
- It improves digestion and source of antioxidants and is known to help lower blood pressure and blood sugar.
This is a quick, minimalist asparagus recipe you can make in just a few minutes. Refer to the recipe card for the exact measurement.
- Asparagus - Always use fresh for this air-fryer roasted asparagus recipe.
- Olive oil or avocado oil - Just a little bit of oil goes a long way and will cook this dish perfectly. Without oil, your asparagus will be dry. You can also use bacon grease to add flavor.
- Salt, black pepper, and garlic powder - If you wish to sprinkle other herbs and spices, that is a wonderful addition.
- Shredded parmesan cheese - Cheese will elevate this dish to the next. It adds flavors.
Fast and easy to follow.
- Trim the ends of the asparagus as needed. Don't forget to wash it first.
- Place the prepared asparagus on a plate, and sprinkle garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Transfer to an air-fryer basket and brush the seasoned asparagus with olive oil or avocado oil. Sprinkle some parmesan cheese generously.
- Air-fry at 375℉ for 8-10 minutes tossing halfway.
- Serve, share, and enjoy!
Question and Answer
Asparagus is a highly nutritious vegetable either cooked or raw. While most people cook asparagus, it can be eaten raw. The cooking process will soften it but you can eat raw asparagus if you wanted serious crunch. However, I prefer to cook asparagus and toss olive oil to air-fry for better digestion.
Freezing asparagus is my favorite way of storing it. Blanching your asparagus before freezing is a great way to start. To blanch, boil water in a pot. Toss in asparagus and cook for 2 minutes. In another bowl, pour cold water with ice. Transfer your asparagus to cold water after cooking to stop the cooking process and retain texture and color.
Storage and reheating tips
- Refrigerator - Transfer your leftover air-fried asparagus to an air-tight container after it cools. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Freezer - If you plan to freeze air-fried asparagus, skip the cheese since cooked cheese will become soggy after defrosting. You can add the cheese when you are ready to consume it. Thaw your asparagus in the fridge overnight or on your countertop until it reaches room temperature. Time may vary depending on the temperature of your kitchen.
- Reheating - To reheat, you can use an air-fryer, oven, stovetop, or microwave.
- Air-fryer/Oven - Air-fry for 3-5 minutes at 375F or until it warms through.
- Stovetop - Reheat air-fried asparagus in a skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently until it is warm thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Microwave - Pop it in a microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute in a microwave-safe container.
More recipes you might like
Air-fryer Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- Wash and trim the ends of the asparagus as needed. In a small bowl, combine asparagus, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Transfer the seasoned asparagus to the air-fryer basket. Brush it with olive oil, and sprinkle it with parmesan cheese.
- Air-fry at 375℉ for 8-10 minutes tossing halfway. Serve and enjoy!