These crowd-pleasing, are easy and quick-to-make baked buffalo chicken wings with a crispy outside, tender and juicy without using flour or being fried and always yummy to snack on. It takes 10 minutes to prepare and bake for less than an hour. You can add your favorite spices to your preference as well!
How to make crispy chicken wings without frying?
The secret ingredient to crispy wings without a lot of oil is a baking powder that you may already have in your pantry. It may sound unappealing, but coating chicken wings in seasoned baking powder are what makes the skin super crispy. You won’t taste it in the end results I guarantee. To be clear, make sure you use baking powder, not baking soda!
You’re going to spice up to add flavors:
- Garlic powder
- Black Pepper
How to make Buffalo Hot Sauce
Making the sauce is super quick and easy to make with only two ingredients. Just mix the two ingredients together until well combined. Add the sauce to the baked chicken wings by either mixing them in a bowl or using a brush to paint on until all the meat is coated with the sauce
- Frank’s Original Red Hot Sauce
- Melted butter
You can add brown sugar, maple syrup, or honey for extra sweetness.
Deep Frying - Chicken wings can be deep-fried to perfection to get nice and crispy chicken wings. All you need is 2-3 cups of cooking oil at 350F. You can deep-fry them in batches and do not overcrowd the frying pan.
Air-fry - Similar to baking, air-fry is a great and healthy way to cook chicken wings without using oil. However, air fryers are also smaller than an oven so you may need to do several batches if cooking for a large group or party.
serve buffalo wings
Serve your buffalo wings with blue cheese dip, sweet and sour sauce, or ranch dipping sauce. Don’t forget the celery and/or carrot sticks on the side! These crowd-pleasing baked buffalo chicken wings will be a hit at your next gathering or Super Bowl Party.
more recipes you might like
Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
- 1 ½ pounds chicken wings
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup Frank's Original Red Hot Sauce
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C). Line a rimmed baking sheet pan with silicone mat or aluminium foil and set a heat-proof wire rack inside.
- Pat dry chicken wings liberally with paper towels, removing as much moisture as you can. Transfer them to a large bowl.
- In a small plate, combine the baking powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper together, whisking until well combined, and sprinkle the mixture over the wings. Toss wings through the baking powder mixture until evenly coated.
- Arrange the chicken wings on rack. Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and crispy and golden brown on the outside, about 45-50 minutes. Turn the wings over halfway during cooking so they cook evenly.
- Whisk together hot sauce and butter. Toss wings through the sauce or use a brush to evenly coat. Serve your chicken wings with ranch dressing or mayonnaise and vegetables in the side.
As an Amazon Associates, I earn from qualifying purchases.