This Avocado Spinach Smoothie is a thick, creamy, and healthy way to enjoy fruits and leafy greens in a drink. Make it for breakfast, afternoon snack, or post-workout boost.
This green smoothie is satisfying, and all the ingredients will keep you full and energetic for hours without snacking. It is a perfect drink for health-conscious and weight watchers. Make a big batch and store it in the refrigerator or freezer for an easy-to-grab energy booster drink. You can check my avocado ice cream recipe here.
Why you will love this smoothie
- It is jam packed with all kinds of nutritious fruits, leafy green vegetable and seeds to help you stay healthy and energetic.
- Super easy to prepare! I am a big fan of green smoothies for breakfast, especially if I want something quick, simple, and accessible.
- It is delicious, satisfying, and full of vitamins and minerals that we need. It may curb your sweet tooth and hunger.
What so special with this Avocado Spinach Smoothie is all the tasty ingredients. It is amazing that after blending them will give you a lusciously creamy and green smoothie.
- Avocado – Fresh or frozen avocado is rich in healthy fats and it helps to slow down digestion. It gives a thick and creamy texture.
- Spinach – Spinach is rich in vitamins and minerals such as iron and vitamin C. It gives deep green smoothie color. For your unique smoothie, you can use fresh or frozen spinach or other leafy greens such as kale and lettuce.
- Banana – It is rich in potassium and fiber that our body needs daily. It adds sweetness and thickness to our smoothie. Frozen banana gives you more smoothie-like texture.
- Chia Seeds – A nutrient pack of seeds that is rich in fiber, fats, and protien.
- Milk – For additional protein and it will help to blend our smoothie easier and faster. You can use any type of milk that you have. Water or fruit juice is an option too.
How to make green smoothie
- Start by preparing the ingredients. Cut your banana into 4 pieces if you are using fresh. It will blend faster if they are tiny pieces. Cut the avocado in half and remove the avocado pitt.
- Transfer all the ingredients into your blender or food processor.
- Blend in a high-speed blender until creamy and smooth for a few minutes or until you get your desired consistency.
Make-ahead and storage tips
- Make-ahead: If you like to quick grab and go with this green smoothie, you can make it in large batches. It is refrigerator and freezer friendly drink to anytime.
- Storage: Store in a mason jar with a lid in refrigerator or freezer. It will last 3 months in the freezer if you freeze it. To thaw, refrigerate overnight and it’s ready in the next morning.
More Recipes you might like
Avocado Spinach Smoothie Recipe
- 1 blender or food processor
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 large avocado
- 1 large banana
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- Into a blender, add spinach, banana that is cut in small pieces, pitted avocado and milk of your choice.
- Blend on high speed until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed. If the smoothie is too thick, add more milk, fruit juice, or water to thin. If too thin, add more banana or avocado. Top it with chia seeds. Serve and enjoy!