Cucumber Pico De Gallo is a refreshing and vibrant salsa-like condiment that combines the coolness of cucumbers with the zesty flavors of traditional pico de Gallo. It is a delicious twist on the classic Mexican salsa with all the fresh ingredients and adding crisp and light flavors to everything.
With its bright colors and refreshing taste, cucumber pico de Gallo is perfect for summer gatherings, picnics, or as a topping for tacos, grilled meats, fried fish, or even enjoy it on its own.
- Cucumber - You can find cucumber in any grocery store. Pick the freshest English cucumber or any cucumber variety with firmness and without bruises. You can use any type of cucumber.
- Roma Tomatoes - They are perfect for this fresh salsa dish because they are plum tomatoes and retain their texture.
- Red onions - Chopped red onions add a crunchy texture, bright color, and sharp flavor without overpowering the pico de Gallo. They are slightly sweeter than yellow onions. You can substitute red with yellow onion, though.
- Jalapeno pepper - To add hot flavor. Use serrano pepper if you want more hot and spicy pico de gallo.
- Lime juice - Fresh lime juice adds a tangy flavor to balance and bring the best flavor of the cucumber pico de gallo
Prepare the ingredients. Remove the seeds from the tomatoes and jalapeno. Chop the cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, and jalapeno into small, uniform pieces.
Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Squeeze lime juice.
Mix everything together until well blended. Let it set for 10 minutes to release all the flavors together. Easy right? Enjoy!
Why I think you will love this recipe
- Refreshing and Light: Cucumber pico de Gallo is a refreshing and light condiment that adds a cool and crisp element to your meals. It's perfect for hot summer days when you're looking for something refreshing to balance out the heat.
- Healthy and nutritious: With fresh cucumbers, tomatoes, jalapenos, red onions, cilantro, and lime juice, this condiment is full of nutrients and flavors. It's a great way to eat more fruits and vegetables.
- It is versatile: You can use this condiment for almost everything. Add it to your salad, use is as a dip to tortilla chips, and top it in your homemade taco.
- Quick and easy. Cucumber pico de Gallo is super easy to make. All you need is to chop all the ingredients and mix to combine!
- Minimal and inexpensive ingredients. With just a few fresh ingredients that are abundant in summer, you can make this fresh salsa affordable but with tons of flavor.
- If you want more refreshing recipes, try my mango and pineapple pico de Gallo, Filipino Cucumber Salad, and Summer Guacamole.
Store this fresh pico de Gallo in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days. It will lose the crispiness, but it will still taste delicious.
Cucumber Pico De Gallo
- 1 large cucumber diced
- 2 large Roma tomato diced and seedless
- ¼ cup red onion diced
- 1 large jalapeno diced and seedless
- 2 medium limes juiced
- ⅓ cup cilantro chopped
- Prepare all the ingredients. Remove the seeds from the tomatoes and jalapeno. Chop the vegetables in small, uniform pieces.
- Combine the cucumber, tomatoes, red onions, jalapeno, and cilantro in a bowl. Squeeze the lime juice. Mix everything until well combined. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt as needed. Let it set for a few minutes to release more flavors together. Enjoy.