This sauteed garlic mushrooms and leeks recipe is perfect for gravy, soup, or stew. The mushrooms are tender, juicy, and packed with savory umami, and earthy flavors. You can have it as a side dish and it is very delicious on its own.
It is so versatile and very easy to prepare and cook. By doing this ahead of time, you will save a lot of time in the kitchen. It is the perfect addition for meal prepping or busy weeknights.
This recipe is great for vegetarians and vegans. Mushrooms are perfect and the best protein alternative because of the meat texture and protein content in them. Another vegetarian and vegan alternative is crispy pan-fried tufo which is a base for s lot of recipes.
Since I incorporate meatless Mondays, you can find a lot of recipes using mushrooms here on my recipe website. Mushrooms and tofu are the best! Check out my vegan mushroom soup, meatless pancit bihon, and mushroom fried rice.
ingredients for sauteed garlic mushrooms and leeks
Garlic, leek, and mushroom combinations will give you savory and aromatic flavors. I am sure, you will going to love these ingredients together.
- Garlic - Adds aromatic flavors.
- Mushrooms - Savory and earthy flavors. It has a meaty texture and protein content.
- Leeks - Adds flavor and aroma. Leeks have a mild, sweet, and slightly onion-like flavor. They are in the Allium family, which also includes onions, garlic, and shallots. When cooked, leeks become tender and develop a creamy texture, enhancing their natural sweetness.
- Herbs and spices - It is optional but highly recommended. You can add some oregano, rosemary, thyme, and Italian seasonings.
First, gather your ingredients with a chopping board and knife. Start slicing the mushrooms and the leeks, and minced the garlic.
In your pan or skillet over medium heat, saute your garlic until aromatic. Then add the mushrooms and leeks. Cook them until the leeks are slightly wilted. Season with salt and pepper. That is it!
Why you will love this recipe
- This sauteed garlic, mushrooms, and leeks work great for most if not all of my favorite recipes. If you know me by now, I love mushrooms. We eat a lot of mushrooms every week, they are so good.
- I make this in advance at the beginning of the week and it saves me time to make my gravy, beef stew, turkey mushroom soup, and mushroom egg fried rice. for the week. It is great as a side dish for rice on the side.
- It offers a versatile and delicious base for a wide range of dishes. Whether you're preparing a quick weeknight dinner or hosting a special gathering, this dynamic duo is sure to impress everyone.
Storage and reheating tips
Refrigerator - Cool your leftovers and transfer them to an air-tight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Freezer - While it is best to consume mushrooms after cooking, you can keep them in the freezer for a few months. Cool your leftovers and transfer them into an air-tight container. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Reheating - Thaw in the fridge overnight or on the countertop until it reaches room temperature. To reheat the dish, transfer it to a saucepan and heat it on the stovetop until warm thoroughly. You can also use a microwave or oven to reheat it. Heat until it is warm through for about 1 minute in the microwave and 2-5 minutes in the oven.
More Similar Recipes
Let's Stay Connected
If you like this recipe, please give me a 5-star review and comment below this post. If you have any questions, write them down below in the comment section. I truly appreciate you.
Sauteed Garlic Mushrooms and Leeks
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1 stalk leek sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon refined salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In a skillet, heat butter or olive oil over medium heat. Saute garlic until aromatic for about 2 minutes.
- Add leeks, mushrooms, salt, and pepper, and cook until soft for about 5-10 minutes. Stir occasionally to avoid burning the dish. Enjoy!
- The serving is for 3-4 people but you can make this recipe in batches and double up on the ingredients.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.