This sauteed garlic mushrooms and leeks recipe is perfect for gravy, soup, or stew. It is tender, juicy, and packed with savory, earthy flavors. You can have it as a side dish and it is very delicious on its own.
It is so versatile and very easy to prepare and cook. By making this ahead of time, you will save a lot of time in the kitchen. It is the perfect addition for meal prepping or busy weeknights.
This recipe is great for vegetarians and vegans. Mushrooms are perfect and the best protein alternative because of the meat texture and protein content in it.
ingredients for sauteed garlic mushrooms and leeks
Garlic, leek, and mushroom combinations will give you savory and aromatic flavors. I am sure, you will going to love these ingredients together.
- Garlic - Adds aroma and flavor
- Mushrooms - Savory and earthy flavors. It has meat texture and protien content.
- Leeks - Adds flavor and aroma. With anti-fungal properties that good for a healthy body.
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar or red wine (optional)
- Herbs and spices - It is optional but highly recommended. I like to add some oregano, rosemary, thyme and italian seasonings on my sauteed garlic, mushrooms and leek recipe. They a lot of flavors and nutritional benefits.
Why you will love this recipe
- This sauteed garlic, mushrooms, and leeks works great for most if not all of my favorite recipes. If you know me by now, I love mushrooms. I eat mushrooms every week because it is very flavorful and savory.
- I make this in advance at the beginning of the week and it saves me time to make my gravy, stews, and soups for the week. It is great as side dish or rice on the side.
- Garlic, mushrooms, leeks, and olive oil are healthy for you. I believe in "food as medicine" and this recipe for me is a delicious way of nourishing my body and soul. Start incorporating these in your diet today and feel better.
Storage and reheating tips
Refrigerator - Cool your leftovers and transfer them to an air-tight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Freezer - While it is best to consume mushrooms after cooking, you can keep them in the freezer for a few months. Cool your leftovers and transfer them into an air-tight container. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Reheating - Thaw in the fridge overnight or on the countertop until it reaches room temperature. To reheat the dish, transfer it to a pot and heat it on the stovetop until warm thoroughly. You can also use a microwave or oven to reheat it. Heat until it is warm through for about 1 minute in the microwave and 2-5 minutes in the oven.
Sauteed Garlic Mushrooms and Leeks
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1 stalk leek, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon refined salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or red wine, optional
- In a skillet, heat butter or olive oil over medium heat. Saute garlic until aromatic for about 2 minutes. Add your balsamic vinegar and scrape the edges.
- Add leeks, mushrooms, salt, and pepper, and cook until soft for about 5-10 minutes. Stir occasionally to avoid burning the dish. Enjoy!
- The serving is for 2-3 people but you can make this recipe in batches and double up on the ingredients.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.